snakeMQ is a small cross-platform Python library for easy and reliable communication between hosts. Just send the message and let the library care about the delivery.
- pure Python, cross-platform
- automatic reconnect
- reliable delivery - configurable message role and delivery timeout
- persistent/transient queues
- asynchronous - poll()
- symmetrical - single TCP connection for duplex communication
- multiple storage options - SQLite, MongoDB, ...
- brokerless - similar philosophy like ZeroMQ
- additional modules - RPC, bandwidth throttling
No compatibility with AMQP, ZeroMQ or other messaging systems.
Issues/bugs/feature requestsFeel free to report at GitHub or discuss at Google Groups.
ReferencesnakeMQ is used as a communication subsystem in 2S2B information system.
What should be added
- publish/subscribe, multiple queues
- safer serialization (supplement for pickle module)
- memory optimizations (pipelined processing)
- queues and buffers size limits (throttling)
- logo :-)
- 2014-03-28 version 1.2
- 2013-04-30 version 1.1
- 2012-05-18 version 1.0
- 2011-12-20 version 0.5.10
- 2011-09-12 version 0.5.9
- 2011-08-19 version 0.5.8
- 2011-07-29 version 0.5.7